Vertical Farming Italia was founded in Parma, in June 2017, by a rather bizarre family: an Economist, a Journalist, an Agronomist and an Engineer.
WHAT DO WE DO
Our intent is twofold:
- Spread the word of Vertical Farming with seriousness and passion: for doing that we participate in the most important industry events, interviewing the protagonists and meeting the most interesting realities
- Provide specific advice: thanks to the multidisciplinary skills of our TEAM, we are able to manage a project at 360 degrees. From the development of the idea to the final market
Specifically, we can break down our advice in the following points:
DEVELOPMENT OF THE IDEA
IN WHAT WE BELIEVE
Land exploitation is coming to the limit and traditional agriculture alone can no longer meet the needs of the population.
According to the FAO data, in fact, in 2050 we will be 10 billion people and almost 80% will live in urban centers. To feed ourselves with current methods we should occupy an area equal to that of Brazil.
Consume more consciously and reduce waste.
But also by encouraging new production methods such as Vertical Farming, a branch of Indoor Farming that aims to bring agriculture back to the city, cultivating inside closed and controlled environment, exploiting all three dimensions.
The advantages are obvious:
- Water saving
- Absence of contaminants
- 100% healthy and natural food
- Greater productivity
- Reduction of logistics costs and emissions
- Redevelopment of abandoned buildings